i regret that this is going to be another list post. i’m a lister.
sorry about that.
1. today was not a good run day. i was so tired and my chest hurt. i stopped at the 2.05mile mark, and it took me 25 minutes to get to that point. at 15 minutes i started walking for 3 minutes. to say that i am bummed is an understatement. my limbs were heavy, the motivation was not there (actually, that’s not unusual) and so i just stopped, did the stretches and left.
2. i have been avoiding the news, i don’t think i can bear to read or hear anything about Japan. i have not received word about bio mom. my aunt Victoria called friday night to check in on me, an act that appears loving but in fact reeks of a busybody who is just looking for gossip, someone who will about face, run to peter and tell him everything i say. so i kept it simple, talking without really telling her anything and got off the phone. i check this site incessantly for any news on her or her husband. i don’t know how to spell her childrens’ names or else i’d be searching for them too.
3. my FB friend johnny posted on his status: Skinny runners don’t use food as a reward, but average runners do! this really got me thinking. i’m an average runner, ok fine, maybe below average and i do see food as a reward. which is fine but why do i feel depressed over it?
4. cross training. i need to really thinking about this now. i don’t think pilates & yoga are gonna cut it for me. i don’t have access to a pool and i don’t have a proper bike, plus i have a fear of riding around in the city. awesome. yet another form of exercise i gotta think up.
5. last, i forgot to pack an extra pair of undies today. i am going commando & i feel like an idiot.
this particular hump day needs to end already.